Ethical Sales and Marketing
Bioscience Americas ...Solutions for a Healthier World.
Practicing Ethical Sales and Marketing
The use of Bioscience Americas stem cell treatment protocols are intermediated by a number of experts, including doctors, pharmacists and scientists. Patients depend on these intermediaries to make the right choices in medicines, with the goal of the best health outcome. It is important that these intermediaries, doctors in particular, fully understand the range of options for treatment available to them, and also fully understand the risks and benefits of each treatment. Patients should similarly be informed about treatment choices so they are better equipped to engage in discussions with their doctors and know how to use our protocols safely and effectively.
We are thus committed to promoting our treatment protocols responsibly and reporting about our business practices in a fashion that promotes transparency. We believe that it is important to educate patients and providers about stem cell treatments so that physicians who refer our services can make decisions rooted solely in the best interests of the patient. Bioscience Americas adheres to all applicable laws and regulations as well as to industry standards. To ensure our communication and marketing approaches uphold the highest standards, Bioscience Americas extensive mandatory, company-wide training on these standards of communication and conduct.
Global Policy on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
In an effort to further solidify our commitment to base our interactions with healthcare professionals on the highest ethical standards, we listened to the concerns of our stakeholders and took action. The result is BioXcellerator Global Policy on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals. Adopted originally in 2015 and subsequently updated, the Global Policy governs interactions with healthcare professionals by Bioscience Americas and BioXcellerator around the world, including marketing, medical, sales and research and development operations, with the limited exception of certain business-to-business interactions, which are defined by and must comply with other applicable Bioscience Americas policies and guidelines.
The Global Policy incorporates common legal and ethical standards from many of Bioscience Americas major markets, including the U.S. and international markets and applies them to our operations around the world.
Ensuring Ethical Business Behavior Worldwide
Our policy is based on the principles of maintaining ethics and compassion, building greater transparency and partnering to facilitate access to healthcare information and medicines. The following are established operating norms worldwide:
- All customer meetings and Bioscience Americas-hosted educational and promotional meetings must focus on education and avoid the appearance of being anything other than educational in purpose.
- Clinical research sponsored by BioXcellerator scientists must conform to well-accepted international standards including Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines of the International Conference of Harmonization, the Nuremberg Code, the Belmont Report and relevant national and local standards.
- Medical communications must be accurate and scientifically rigorous; Bioscience Americas colleagues are prohibited from promoting protocols outside the FDA approved use of medicines.
- Marketing activities with healthcare professionals must convey full and substantiated information about the side effects and the safety profile of our protocols.
- Confidential patient data in Bioscience Americas care must be safeguarded against misuse or inappropriate disclosure.
- Sales representatives must ensure that no items of significant value are offered as an inducement to use, prescribe, purchase or recommend a treatment or to influence a clinical trial.
In all cases, Bioscience Americas operations around the world must comply with local laws and all applicable U.S. laws. In the event of a conflict between our Global Policy and other regulations, the more restrictive provision applies.
Responsible consumer advertising has proven value in helping patients engage in more informed conversations with their healthcare providers, leading to better health outcomes. In all of our consumer advertising, we adhere to applicable FDA regulations and guidance. We also abide by the PhRMA Guiding Principles on Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Advertising About Prescription Medicines. We follow strict internal standards that have been developed to ensure the information we share with consumers is: (1) scientifically sound; (2) balanced; (3) easy to understand; and (4) helpful in encouraging people to consult with a healthcare professional. And we continue to examine our internal protocols to ensure our DTC standards keep pace with industry standards, guidance, law, and regulation.